Wednesday, September 18, 2013

{100% Sweet}

One of my favorite companies is Elle's Studio! I love all their little tags and journaling cards. They are super cute and very affordable! Every Thursday on their blog they do a sketch challenge. I have to admit, I sometimes lack that spark when it comes to being creative so having a jumping off point like a challenge is wonderful for me. I had just bought the new Penelope collection and I couldn't wait to use it! 


I wanted to pull out my mists and my masks for this one. I knew I wanted a "custom" background. I used this mask from Studio Calico. 


Once I had everything layered and almost done I thought it looked a little bare so that's when I decided to add a border. That's my go to when I feel like a page isn't quite finished. I had this beautiful paper in my stash from Amy Tan's Sketchbook collection that had beautiful colors that matched PERFECT! I loved it, but knew I wouldn't like that black sketch of the flower only on the border. I decided to try and free hand the rest of the flower onto the main page and thankfully it turned out okay! 


I got this exclusive heart wood veneer with my last Scraptastic PL kit:) LOVE!


And that's it! The sketch made it go really fast and I love how it turned out! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment