Tuesday, July 9, 2013

{Scrapping Lots of Photos}
Part 1

I can never decide which photos to scrap after a fun weekend outing or a day at the ball park.  So I've decided to scrap all of my favorites! I had 19 photos I wanted to use after a trip to a Mariner's baseball game. It was such a special day! It was Little League day so my son got to parade around the field in his uniform and it was his first major league game!! Plus, it was my daughter's first game. I just had to scrap all these wonderful memories. So that forced me to be VERY creative. This is part 1 in my 3 part post about scrapping lots of photos. In the end I wound up with 2 PL style pages and a back and front 12x12 LO all for one day :)


First before I even started scrapping, I printed all of my photos and laid them out, deciding on which PL style pages I wanted to use and where the photos would go. Once I had that done I could start on my first page.

This is my process for starting a PL style page. I always start with paper! I decide which cards I want to use and where they will go. I just lay it all out before even cutting anything.


Next, I get out embellishments. I grab stickers and stamps and anything I think I want to use. It doesn't all get used and my desk is a creative mess while I'm deciding. 


Once I'm happy I start cutting down the papers and adhering everything down. I commit pretty fast to my paper placement and get that glued down so I can start embellishing. 


For this card I needed something skinny to bridge the gap between my photo and that card. My skinny washi tape didn't match so I took one that did and cut it in half to make my own skinny tape. I use my trimmer for this, because Washi can be unstuck easily it works great!


I love how the final LO looks! At the very end I always add brads, enamel dots, or wood venner for that finishing touch.






Products Used:










No comments:

Post a Comment